Sunday 28 August 2011

August 6th Chocolate meets Shark attack!

I know, I know, again. Yes, I did it again. I made chocolate cupcakes with vanilla icing. I have the chocolate cupcake recipe that myself and others seem to love and the icing seems to be spot on lately. According to users;)
I will take a break from them, unless requested. It only took this long to perfect and make sure. Huge sigh. Now on to another perfection recipe.
This week was special though. I made cupcakes for a family party. Thank goodness for parties. It gives the cupcakes a purpose and a place for them to go, other than my belly! I don't want to give a true meaning the the phrase 'muffin top'. (Don't know what that is, look it up. It will be in the dictionary next to: overflowing belly, and cupcakes are my best friend. Probably with my picture beside it at week 52 of cupcakes:)
Anywho here are pics. They were super easy and fun to make. Tinted the icing blue. Made the shark fins 2 days ahead of time by melting blue baking chocolate and using an outline I drew of the fin. Refer back to the butterfly making in May for technique. The sand is icing rolled in graham cracker crumbs. I loved that I could just swish on the icing for waves and didn't have to get the tips and bags out this week. Easy.  P.S. Although I used the same icing recipe, it was a bit more fluffy and runny. I think when the butter is too warm it does this. Icing seems to be best when it is a little chunky or slightly cooled. TIP: If butter is room temp and soft. I put it in the freezer while I am making the cupcakes. Aprox 10min. It then seems to be perfect for the icing making.



1 comment:

  1. Fun! I'm so impressed! Butter is my nemesis. I can never get it the right temperature. Maybe it's just Swiss butter and not me? Let's go with that ;)

    ReplyDelete